Donate to Asavet Charities Today!
Make a difference, support our mission. Donate now to directly help those who cannot afford basic veterinary care.
Help with our mission of stopping pet over-population. When you support our spay and neuter vision you help keep unwanted litters of puppies and kittens from entering shelters.
According to the ASPCA:
Due to overwhelming intake rates, shelters often struggle to adopt out all - or even most - of the animals who come through their doors. With so many lives at stake, it's important to understand exactly what we're up against.
- Of the approximately 6.5 million companion animals who enter shelters nationwide every year, approximately 3.3 million are dogs and 3.2 million are cats.
- Each year, approximately 1.5 million animals are euthanized (670,000 dogs and 860,000 cats).
- Approximately 3.2 million shelter animals are adopted each year (1.6 million dogs and 1.6 million cats).
- About 710,000 animals who enter shelters as strays are returned to their owners (620,000 dogs and 90,000 cats).
- Of the dogs entering shelters, approximately 48% are adopted and 20% are euthanized.
- Of the cats entering shelters, approximately 50% are adopted and 27% are euthanized.
- About twice as many animals enter shelters as strays compared to the number that is relinquished by their owners.
We can tackle this issue head-on by offering low-cost or even FREE spay and neuter services. With the support of you, our donor, you can help us take our mission on the road to the communities in Arizona and New Mexico.